IdealMe is an evidence-based program that gives individuals the skills they need to discover their self-worth, confidence, and an awareness of their strengths and weaknesses.
Research has shown that people who are resilient (able to bounce back from adversity) are more likely to succeed at school, develop healthy peer relationships, and are less likely to develop mental health problems. This program helps youth and their families to develop life skills that build resilience and social-emotional skills in order to cope with everyday life stresses and challenges.
- This workshop focuses on the following key areas that are critical for continued success:
- Self-Awareness: Understanding of your strengths and limitations and consistent desire for self-improvement.
- Social-Awareness: Capacity to interact with others in a way that shows respect for their ideas and behaviours, recognizing your impact on them, and using cooperation and tolerance in social situations.
- Interpersonal Skill Development: Effectively adapt your behaviours and attitudes to be able to connect with people of different styles and cultures.
- Communication Skills: Communicate with diplomacy and tact.
- Creative Thinking: Develop effective learning and problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive Competencies: Attention and working-memory skills training (additional fee).
This interactive workshop will help you to see yourself as others see you. You will participate in various activities such as role-playing, discussions, brainstorming, mindfulness, games and self-improvement through creative expressions.
- We will evaluate your strengths and weaknesses in order to help you understand how to develop a positive attitude in important aspects of your life.
- We will help you to enhance your existing strengths and maximize your qualities and abilities to achieve everlasting success.
- You will learn assertiveness techniques that will help you react to unexpected and stressful situations.
- You will practice recognizing and regulating your feelings, solve problems in a constructive way and improve your self-advocacy skills.
- You will increase effectiveness of acquiring new knowledge and information from all sources of communication, such as electronic media, books, inter- and intrapersonal experiences.
- You will develop perceptual data-mining, by proper and effective filtering of the relevant content from the abundance of information.
- You will enhance and maintain your skills by the use of innovative technologies such as AI and VR.
During the program you will learn how to:
- Recognize and use your strengths to overcome weaknesses.
- Improve your relationships through better communication.
- Maximize your ability to effectively learn and apply your knowledge in any situation.
- Recognize and isolate obstacles that inhibit you from achieving your full potential.
- Develop a positive thinking style.
- Maximize your efficiency without compromising your happiness and contentment.
- Be more likable and respected.
- Appear to be more confident.
- Cope with criticism and negative emotions in a diplomatic and tactful way.
- Instantly feel better.