Psycho-Educational Assessments can reveal your child’s hidden strengths and Help Your Child Succeed!
The goal of the assessment is to identify areas of strengths and weakness in a student’s learning profile in order to diagnose the root cause of their academic or behavioural difficulties. The results from the assessment assist in developing a plan for solving the problem.
A psycho-educational assessment can identify Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Intellectual Disabilities, reading (dyslexia), writing (dysgraphia) and mathematic (dyscalculia) challenges and other mental health issues that can interfere with learning.
How the process looks like:
- Before the first session, we will send you a background questionnaire to complete prior to the assessment.
- Cognitive and behavioural testing will examine how your child reasons and solves problems, and test their memory and organizational skills.
- Examine signs of mental health concerns such as anxiety, stress or sadness.
- Academic testing designed to discover academic abilities such as reading, writing and math compared to other students of the same age.
- Your final report will be reviewed with you to explain the results and answer any further questions you may have.
What are the signs that your child may need an assessment?
- Low grades on report cards
- Disruptive behaviour or difficulty focusing during class
- Difficulty completing schoolwork on-time
- Feeling overwhelmed or anxious at school or during exams
- Not achieving results at full potential
- Bullying or rejection at school