Core Centre Inc. took several steps in order to to reduce the risks of spread of COVID-19 and to protect our Clients and personnel:
- We strictly follow Toronto Public Health policies. Out of an abundance of caution, and in consideration of rapidly changing information regarding the global impacts of COVID-19 our services are now available online at www.corecentre.online.
- We are asking clients with fever, cough or difficulty breathing to make appropriate alternate arrangements for appointments and use our e-services via www.corecentre.online.
- We post signs in reception area identifying concerning symptoms and asking clients to wear masks all the time.
- We ensure that our supply of hand soap, paper towels and disinfectant cleaners are available to our Clients and personnel.
- We continue with cleaning and disinfecting of all hard surfaces (hand contact areas), including door handles, telephones, desks, counter tops, tables, toilets, toilet seats, and washroom fixtures.
E-SERVICES: SCHEDULING AND BOOKING:
Clients who are in emotional distress due to the current situation may choose to access e-services at the discounted rate upon providing the code “Covid” at the end of the booking process. These services are provided in multiple languages, including English, French, Spanish, Urdu, Hindi, Farsi, Russian, Chinese and more. Clients can learn more about Counsellors by visiting: https://corecentre.online/our-counselors/.
Our E-services are strictly confidential and we provide end to end encryption to comply with Ontario privacy legislation requirements.
IN-PERSON SERVICES – ASSESSMENTS:
Assessments are conducted partially on-line (consultation and feedback sessions) and in-person (testing). For in-person appointments we screen clients over the phone before scheduling or confirming appointments for any symptoms and travel history that may be related to COVID-19. Clients are also asked to fill out the screening questionnaire: https://forms.gle/V7JrvzGWkrLsNZLv9.
- Assessments are delivered with the examiner and examinee facing each other through a Plexiglas screen.
- When possible assessment stimuli are displayed on a iPad or computer monitor located to the right of the Client. Otherwise, they are presented from as per standardized procedures.
- Both the examiner and examinee are wearing personal protective equipment (i.e., cloth face masks) as per Core Centre Inc.
In order to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19, everyone has a role to play. For more information on how you can stay informed, seek out reputable sources of information:
- Toronto Public Health: https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/health-wellness- care/diseases-medications-vaccines/coronavirus/
- Public Health Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel- coronavirus?_ga=2.184384934.1072155291.1583885458-954825015.1559313815
- Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel- coronavirus-infection.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus- 2019